Last updated: October 26, 2021
The term “Personal Information” means any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to you.
NetGeekz is the controller and is responsible for the Personal Information processed in connection with the use of the Site.
Please read this Policy carefully. By using or accessing the Site, or by providing Personal Information to us on or through the Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree, your choice is not to use the Site.
How to Contact Us
74 West Bay, Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands, KY1-1202
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways, including when you provide it to us voluntarily, through automated data collection technologies like cookies, or by receiving it from other sources. The following sections list the type of information we may collect under each mechanism.
Information that you provide us voluntarily
You may provide us Personal Information voluntarily when you:
- Contact us. This occurs, for instance, when you correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise; when you contact us through the Site, (e.g., by using the Site email request function); or when you provide us with feedback or report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, email address, phone number, physical address, or other Personal Information you provide to us in your communications with us.
- Register for a Netgeekz account. When you register for an account on the Site, we collect Personal Information, such as a unique email address and password, your name, and other contact information. You may also provide us with additional information when you post comments to our blogs or use other community features of the Site (“Public Areas”).
- Request or opt in to receive materials. Some portions of the Site allow you to voluntarily provide us with Personal Information when you request samples through our request form or when you “opt in” to receive newsletters, product information, data sheets, and collateral marketing material (collectively, “Materials”).
- Order products. When you order products or request quotations from NetGeekz through forms on the Site, we collect Personal Information that you provide, such as name, email, shipping and billing addresses, and phone number, as well as information about the product type, quantity, and frequency of product purchase.
Information we collect automatically
We may automatically collect the following information when you access the Site:
- Device information, including the type of device you are using; the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; browser type and version; browser plug-in types and versions; operating system and platform; language preferences; and/or time zone setting.
- Site usage information, including pages you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); methods used to browse away from the page; and/or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Location information, including physical addresses and other location data.
See our Cookie Notice for more information about the automatic data collection technologies we use and the choices you have for opting out.
Like most websites, NetGeekz uses “cookies” or other automated data collection technologies to automatically collect information about how Site visitors access, navigate, and use the Site. NetGeekz uses this information to better understand the use of the Site and to improve your customer experience and the usability of and content on the Site. For more information about our practices in this area, please see our Cookie Notice.
How We Use Your Information
We may process Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Policy only where we have a valid legal ground for doing so under applicable data protection law. The legal ground will depend on the purpose for which we process your Personal Information.
We will process your Personal Information for the following purposes as is necessary for the performance of our obligations under our customer terms, or to answer questions or take steps at your request prior to entering those terms:
- To fulfill your requests for Materials or samples;
- To respond to your inquiries or other communications; and
- To carry out our obligations arising from your account with us, or any other contract entered into between you and us, and to otherwise provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes as is necessary for certain legitimate interests, or where you have given your consent to such processing to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time):
- To provide you with information about other events, products, or services we offer that might be of interest to you, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products, or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent where required by law;
- To notify you about changes to your account, the Site, or our services;
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- As required by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or to protect the users of the Site, the Site, or the general public; and
- To otherwise fulfill the purposes for which you have provided your Personal Information or for any other reason with your express consent.
We may also combine information we receive from third parties with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and any combined Personal Information for the purposes set out above, depending on the types of information we receive.
We may also share with our Processors (as defined under the GDPR) and advertisers, business partners, and other third parties anonymous data in aggregated form about Site visitors. For example, we might share that the Site users are “x” percent PC users and “y” percent Macintosh users. We have the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and in any manner. “Anonymous Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. Anonymous Information includes non-personally identifiable data we create from Personal Information by excluding information that makes such data personally identifiable.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and we collect your Personal Information on our own behalf, we will only process your Personal Information, including sharing it with third parties, for a purpose described above if: (i) you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time; (ii) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; (iii) we are required by law; (iv) it is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (iv) the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information that is not your Personal Information without restriction, including aggregate information about visitors to the Site and information that does not identify any individual.
We may share your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Policy:
- With our affiliates;
- With our service providers who assist us with the Site or otherwise perform support services for us;
- With our distributors, sales representatives, dealers, value added resellers, and other third-parties in NetGeeekz’s distribution channels for their purposes of marketing and supporting our products;
- To another business entity in the event of a merger, restructuring, acquisition, any other sale or transfer of our assets or liabilities, or any change in ownership control;
- To anyone with your consent; and
- If we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary, to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of us, our users or others; (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety; or (4) investigate any violation or potential violation of the law, this Policy, or any other agreement between you and NetGeekz.
We may display your username and email address (collectively, your “Public Profile”) when you post comments to our blogs or use other community features on Public Areas of the Site. Your Public Profile may be available on the Site to other visitors. If you post content to or use Public Areas or send emails or other messages to other users of the Site, you should be aware that any Personal Information you provide in that regard can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Site and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in the Public Areas or send to other users.
NetGeekz is headquartered in the Cayman Islands. The information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site is collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or to another country in which we have facilities or our affiliates operate or in which we engage service providers or other third parties.
We will not transfer Personal Information relating to individuals within the EEA, to third parties located outside of the EEA without ensuring adequate protection under European law. Where a third party is located in a country not recognized by the EU Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection, we will take appropriate steps, such as implementing standard contractual clauses recognized by the EU Commission, to safeguard your Personal Information.
By visiting the Site or providing Personal Information about yourself, you consent to such transfer and processing of your Personal Information.
Your Information Choices
If you receive Materials or other communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us using the information in the How to Contact Us section above.
Please see our Cookie Notice for information about cookie opt-outs.
Do Not Track disclosure
The Site does not respond to “do not track” signals at this time. For a description of “Do Not Track” information for browsers and mobile devices, and information about opt out programs that third party advertising companies participate in, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Notice to California Residents
Your California privacy rights (“Shine the Light Act”)
For California residents only. We may share your Personal Information with others for their marketing use unless you tell us not to. Under California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to opt-out of such sharing. Please contact us using the information in the How to Contact Us section above to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. We will not share your information after we have received and processed your request.
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice
For California residents only. Verified California residents have the right to:
- Request and receive disclosure of our Personal Information collection practices during the prior 12 months, including the categories of Personal Information we collect, the categories of sources of such information, our business purpose for collecting or sharing such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
- Request and receive a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about them during the prior 12 months.
- Request and receive disclosure of our information sharing practices during the prior 12 months, including a list of the categories of Personal Information sold with the category of third party recipients and a list of the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Request that we not sell Personal Information about them and
- Request that we delete (and direct our service providers to delete) their Personal Information subject to certain exceptions.
For purposes of the CCPA, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. In the event of a conflict between this CCPA Notice and any of our other privacy policies, this CCPA Notice shall control only with respect to California residents and their Personal Information.
In order to make a request for disclosure California residents may contact us by either by calling us at 345-917-9607 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity (that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information) and will use that information only for that purpose. We may request that you submit a signed statement under penalty of perjury that you are the individual you claim to be. We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 days and will endeavor to respond within forty-five days of receipt of your request, but if we require more time (up to an additional forty-five days) we will notify you of our need for additional time. Please understand that we cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you.
You may make a request for disclosure of our information collection practices, the information we collected about you, or our sharing practices up to twice within a 12-month period. You may make a request that we not sell information or for deletion of your information at any time.
For requests for a copy of the Personal Information we have collected during the 12 months prior to your request we will endeavor to provide the information in a format that is readily useable, including by mailing you a paper copy or providing an electronic copy to your registered account, if you have registered an account with us.
For requests for deletion of your information please understand that California law permits us to retain certain information and not to delete it under certain circumstances. By way of example, we are not required to comply with a request to delete information if the information is necessary for us to complete a transaction for you or otherwise perform a contract; to detect, protect against, or prosecute security incidents, fraud or illegal activity; to use the information only internally in ways reasonably aligned with your expectations as our customer (such as maintaining sales records), and to comply with legal obligations. If we receive such a request from you we will notify any service providers we have engaged to delete your information as well.
We will not discriminate against you as a result of your exercise of any of these rights.
Using an Authorized Agent. You may submit a request through someone holding a formal Power of Attorney. Otherwise, you may submit a request using an authorized agent only if (1) the person is registered with the Secretary of State to do business in California, (2) you provide the authorized agent with signed written permission to make a request, (3) you verify directly with us that you have authorize the person to make the request on your behalf, (4) you verify your own identity directly with us and (5) your agent provides us with proof that they are so authorized. We will require the agent to submit proof to us that they have been authorized to make requests on your behalf.
Information collected and sources
NetGeekz collects Personal Information from you when you interact with us online through our Site or offline. This includes information that you provide to us directly, information we collect from you automatically, information that we collect when you interact with us such as through your online postings, and information that we may collect from third parties such as service providers, affiliated companies, marketing or data partners, or other third parties with whom you interact. It also includes information that we collect about employees and business partners and vendors from those individuals directly or from references, referrals or consumer reporting agencies. Not all information is collected from everyone who interacts with us.
During the past 12 months we may have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as contact information (your name, address, phone number, email or postal address), Unique Personal Identifiers (such as online identifiers like user account names), an encrypted version of your password, communications. We may collect additional information from suppliers, vendors, or employees including business contact information, phone number, email and postal addresses and titles.
- Sensitive information such as financial and payment information like your credit or debit card information, or PayPal account email address.
- Commercial information such as your transaction histories, billing and shipping information, and product preferences.
- Inferences we make about you or your interests based on analysis of other information we have collected.
- Geolocation information.
- Audio or video information such as call center recordings or monitoring records from our customer support centers and security video recordings at our facilities.
- Employment, education and professional related information, protected classification information, biometrics (collected from current and prospective employees, contractors, service providers, vendors and suppliers).
- Other types of Personal Information that we may disclose to you prior to the point of first collection.
Business purposes for collecting Personal Information
NetGeekz collects Personal Information in order to operate and grow our business, improve our Site, and to offer our or third-party products or services that we think you may find of interest. More specifically, we collect Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Provide the services and information you have requested from us and notices relating thereto including providing customer and technical support for our services and collecting fees or other amounts owed in connection with the services.
- Verify that you qualify as a registered user.
- Provide information to you about our products or services and third-party products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Provide you with marketing communications and information.
- Analyze, improve, and customize our services including measuring the effectiveness of advertising and internal research on users’ interests and behaviors to better serve our users.
- Administer the website, web platform and services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, security, statistical and survey purposes.
- Respond to your inquiries about posted job positions and evaluate employment applications.
- For legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud.
- Internal and external audit requirements, information-security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
Information shared for a business purpose
During the past 12 months we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to the following types of third parties for a business purpose.
- Our affiliated companies: We may have shared your information such as identifiers, commercial information, location, and inferences within our company and our affiliated companies for the purposes of decision making, reporting, management, analysis, administering programs, promoting service offerings and other business purposes.
- Service providers: We may have shared your information such as identifiers, commercial information, location, electronic network activity, and financial information with our service providers who provide us support services such as hosting our Site, processing payments, legal and accounting professional services, postal delivery and electronic mail, mobile messages, product delivery, conducting analysis to improve our products and Site, fulfilling requests you make, managing payments and answering your questions. Service providers only use the information they receive from us for the purposes we hired them for; we don’t allow them to retain, use or otherwise handle the data for their own purposes.
- Marketing Partners: We may have shared your information such as electronic network activity, identifiers, location, commercial information and inferences with marketing partners to display online, mobile or other advertising based on your activity on websites and mobile apps, and preferences you share with us so we can provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you. We may also share information with marketing partners to help us analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, so that we can send more relevant communications to you.
- With Third Parties, including governmental authorities and law enforcement, for legal or compliance purposes: We may share any or all categories of your information where we believe the disclosure is required by law or otherwise necessary to comply with the law, regulatory requirements, requests from public authorities, or to enforce our agreements or policies or protect or defend the rights and property of our customers, the company, our partners or the public (including for fraud prevention purposes).
Selling Personal Information
We do not sell your information for monetary consideration but we may transfer your information to a third party that provides us with services such as helping us with advertising, data analysis and security, which may fall under the definition of for “other valuable consideration” which may be considered a ‘sale’ under the CCPA. During the past 12 months we disclosed Identifiers and Electronic Network Activity with third parties such as advertising and analytics providers for a business purpose which falls within the definition of a ‘sale’. If you are a California resident over the age of 16 and would like to instruct us not to sell your Personal Information, please visit our Do-Not-Sell preference center by clicking the link below to modify your cookie settings.
We do not sell Personal Information of individuals we actually know are less than 16 years of age. Once we receive your Do-Not-Sell request we will wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize Personal Information sales.
Notice to Nevada Residents
For Nevada Residents only. We do not transfer Personal Information for monetary consideration. If you would like to tell us not to sell your information in the future, please email us at email@example.com with “Nevada Do Not Sell” in the subject line.
Notice to European Union and International Visitors
Depending on the laws in your location you may have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes or the right to provide consent before we disclose your Personal Information to third parties for such purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing or to consent to such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise your right by contacting us using the How to Contact Us section above.
For individuals within the European Economic Area only. For the purposes of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, (GDPR) the data controller is NetGeekz Corporation. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to any Personal Information we hold about you as well as related information, including the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Information has been shared;
- Obtain without undue delay the correction of any inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request Personal Information held about you to be deleted, provided the Personal Information is not required by NetGeekz for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim;
- Prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and
- Request transfer of Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
In addition, where you believe that NetGeekz has not complied with its obligations under this Policy or European law, you have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority, such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the How to Contact Us section above.
We will store your Personal Information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Information quickly upon request.
Data storage and security
We store all your Personal Information on our secure servers. We have commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of your Personal Information in our possession. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. NetGeekz will contractually require each Processor or other third-party with whom it shares Personal Information to use reasonable measures to protect that Personal Information. However, we cannot monitor these Processors and other third parties to ensure that they comply.
Links to third party websites
We may create links to third party websites, including in the form of widgets (e.g., social share buttons) that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on the Site where these widgets are placed.
We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third-party websites, including the websites of our affiliates. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy practices.
Privacy of children
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact the NetGeekz Data Privacy Officer using the contact information above.